We blink on an average of 17 times per minute, 14,280 times per day, and 5.2 million times a year*, which is why it is extremely important to take good care of our eyes. That’s why we have developed our top eye care tips:
- Take frequent breaks from your computer
- Rest your eyes and looks away from your computer and focus on distant objects
- Adjust your monitor’s setting – make sure the brightness is the same as the surroundings
- Upgrade your display – change from an old style cathode ray tube (CRT) monitor to a modern LCD screen
- Have an eye examination – eye examinations are essential for clear, comfortable vision and checks the health of your eyes
- Have your vision checked at least every two years
- Keep a spare pair of glasses in your car (In Europe, you have to by law)
- Keep a pair of prescription sunglasses in the car to combat bright sunlight, especially in the winter when the sun is low.
- Carry a glasses cleaning kit in your car so you can keep your lenses dust free
- If you wear glasses or contact lenses, it is important to have a spare pair of prescription sunglasses to keep your eyes safe
- Look for sunglasses that are close fitting as they help to prevent light getting behind your sunglasses and into your eyes
- The best colour lenses for protecting your eyes are brown, amber, green or grey
- UV light is strongest in the middle of the day so take extra care around these times
- Sunlight bouncing off water is even stronger so it is especially important to protect your eyes on the beach
All David Clulow sunglasses have 100% UV protection and we can fit prescription lenses to a great range of our designer sunglass styles. Discover the range of designer sunglass brands available at David Clulow or visit your nearest store to take a look at the latest collections.